Key factors influencing cloud computing use are reducing operational cost & risk, minimizing hardware refresh costs, making your organization more agile in its ability to flex or scale, and timing that makes a service model more attractive than capital expenditure. Cloud adoption isn’t always an easy decision to justify, and the migration path can be less than straightforward. Clients should carefully weigh their goals and the feasibility of any cloud options.
Novus can assist in a number of ways:
- Creation of a feasibility study to vet options
- Creation of a migration strategy that includes clear business justification for why any migration should be done
- Identification of infrastructure and application components that are obvious candidates for replacement by a cloud service
- License management, i.e. operating system licenses, application server licenses, and third-party tool licenses
- Development of access governance policies that protect important assets while ensuring access privileges for each employee are in place and monitored
- Act as a 2nd set of eyes to help ensure on-premises problems are not carried into the cloud
Our approach is to selectively and gradually migrate infrastructure and data to the cloud. Successful cloud migrations should feel as seamless as possible to employees and the organization as a whole. While some disruption may be inevitable, we work together with clients to ensure this is minimized.